Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qqurioustiger8945

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2017
I recently upgraded from Lion to High Sierra and one thing that's bugging me is that Disk Utility is no longer logging (apparently as of El Capitan if I'm not mistaken).

It is very important to me to get back the "Show Log" option. Can I?

Otherwise, if that's not possible, I really need to know when I successfully eject disk images in order to rest assured that there's no file corruption involved. Is there any way (or even an app, other than Disk Utility) to verify for me, each time a disk image or volume is successfully ejected?

Thank you.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
https://www.alfredapp.com

I use a launcher app called Alfred that has a keyboard command to eject drives. It can eject all or you can select. Then it can be configured to give you a macOS notification when the drive is ejected.

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 8.36.12 AM.png

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Is there any way (or even an app, other than Disk Utility) to verify for me, each time a disk image or volume is successfully ejected?.
When I eject a disk image or volume, the icon disappears from the desktop (and all Finder sidebars). What more do you need?

Reactions: qqurioustiger8945

qqurioustiger8945

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2017
When I eject a disk image or volume, the icon disappears from the desktop (and all Finder sidebars). What more do you need?

Oh, that's all I need? Sorry, I was thinking that maybe the icon does disappear, but we don't know if it was ejected successfully, or with an error that could go unnoticed. That's all.

As long as it ejects, it means it ejects successfully, i.e. with no errors involved?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.