Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bengalliboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2023
I am able to install ventura on an un supportrted MacBook pro early 2012
It works fine except when I run skype and screen share or share my desktop then it becomes extremely slow
I don't think its hogging memory as Don't see it however I just feel something causing this

Os is running on 1 tb ssd , have not done any partition and have 16gb (8 ×2gb) RAM please suggest if I should buy more RAM or install anything
Thank you so much

bengalliboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2023
Through google I learned it's a common issue with skype. They suggested some stuff to make it work better but would like to hear if anyone else has any other inputs
thank you

gilby101

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
I assume you used OCLP (or similar) to install Ventura. I then suspect that the graphics support for your particular MBP is not good enough for what you want to do. Did you do the post install OCLP steps which included the required graphics drivers? Have a read of the macOS 13 Ventura on Unsupported Macs thread (particular the first post).

Reactions: bengalliboy

bengalliboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2023
Hi
Thanks for the suggestion, someone helped me to install the os so not sure what patch did he install
Can you please suggest how to update/fix the display driver in my case? Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.