Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheJing

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2011
Somewhere in Europe
English is not my first language but I'll try to make things as clear as possible.

Whenever I turn the brightness all the way down on my MBP ( 13" 2011) there is on spot in the middle, which is approximately 2,5 centimeters in diameter, that just illuminated.

So basically the screen is all black, except for a something that looks like a circle but isn't a perfect circle that stays illuminated. So I can see a small part of my wallpaper when the brightness is all the way down.

I tried to take pictures but when the flash is on you can see the whole screen and not the spot where the problem is and without flash you can't see it at all.

Has this happened to anyone before? What could be the problem?

If I could avoid going to Apple that would be fantastic since I put an optibay in there and don't want to put the optical drive back and everything.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Hi,

I know this issue has been resolved, but I'm just wondering how is this possible? When I turn the screen brightness right down to zero so that the screen backlight is off, the light-up Apple logo also dims down to zero so that the logo does not light up. So how can this be possible, or am I misinterpreting something? :p

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi,

I know this issue has been resolved, but I'm just wondering how is this possible? When I turn the screen brightness right down to zero so that the screen backlight is off, the light-up Apple logo also dims down to zero so that the logo does not light up. So how can this be possible, or am I misinterpreting something? :p

Try it in front of a window.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Try it in front of a window.

It's night time here in London, so I tried it against a bright light and OMG now I feel so stupid!!! LOL I never knew of this. TheJing, I know how you feel man. Thanks NutsNGum!

*walks away holding his MBP against the lamp and staring in amazement*

TheJing

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2011
Somewhere in Europe
It's night time here in London, so I tried it against a bright light and OMG now I feel so stupid!!! LOL I never knew of this. TheJing, I know how you feel man. Thanks NutsNGum!

*walks away holding his MBP against the lamp and staring in amazement*

Hahaha! Good to hear I'm not alone. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.