Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iTom501

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2016
London
I took my phone off the charger this morning just to see that no vibration worked, yes, including 3D Touch or Home button, I did a restart, then I did a home button restart and still nothing.

Anyone has the same issue or a solution?

deadworlds

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Citrus Heights,CA
That is definitely odd. It sounds like some kind of hardware failure. I would try going to an Apple Store and getting it exchanged. Hopefully they have spare one depending on your model. You could also try giving apple a call and getting an exchange that way.

Best of luck.

iTom501

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2016
London
That is definitely odd. It sounds like some kind of hardware failure. I would try going to an Apple Store and getting it exchanged. Hopefully they have spare one depending on your model. You could also try giving apple a call and getting an exchange that way.

Best of luck.

Thanks, thanks! Apparently I've had a very unlucky day with my gadgets today, the vibrations still don't work and my watch got a HUGE burnout on the screen... gonna call apple later this week...

iTom501

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2016
London
Mine did this today. Restarted, updated to the new iOS beta, nothing.

Yep, I tried everything, turn phone off/on,
Hard Restart, H Button restart, Restart W/vibrations turned off, nothing helped, I got mad and restored the whole phone trough DFU mode and it works now, just can't bother returning my phone again, because I swapped it 2 times this month and I know a lot of people are trying to get it nowadays ha!

By the way, was it the home button that didn't vibrate or just the 3D Touch feedback?

gr8whtd0pe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2008
Dallas, NC
Yep, I tried everything, turn phone off/on,
Hard Restart, H Button restart, Restart W/vibrations turned off, nothing helped, I got mad and restored the whole phone trough DFU mode and it works now, just can't bother returning my phone again, because I swapped it 2 times this month and I know a lot of people are trying to get it nowadays ha!

By the way, was it the home button that didn't vibrate or just the 3D Touch feedback?

Mine is everything. No vibe at all.

I'm on the phone with Apple now. Of course the options are to put a large hold on my credit card, be without a phone for a few days or drive 4 hours to a Apple store. :mad:

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
My vibrations have been a cluster since I got this phone. Some days they just quit working and I have to reboot and they work again, I had happen what you describe and when a restart didn't work believe it or not plugging the phone into car play driving to work mysteriously fixed it.

iTom501

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2016
London
My vibrations have been a cluster since I got this phone. Some days they just quit working and I have to reboot and they work again, I had happen what you describe and when a restart didn't work believe it or not plugging the phone into car play driving to work mysteriously fixed it.

It's just silly vibrations, plus It's the second generation, I don't know why It's so hard to make it work flawlessly. It's just meh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.