Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikeshep

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2008
Midwest US
Searching for answers - Replaced a powered DVI-Splitter which worked fine for over a year - Am using HDMI>DVI

adapter to connect from Mac Mini i7 2012, OSX 10.8.5, HDMI port , to Aluratek DVI splitter. Configuration shown below - Worked fine for about 2 wks. Then came in after a couple of days of non-use - computer running but display in sleep mode…wouldn't wake. yanked the splitter and connected Direct - monitor(s) work fine. This identical issue is why i replaced a "TrippLite" model splitter -- flawless/no issues for 12+ months with that one. The splitter indicates its getting the video signal from the mac….and shows video displays connected… but monitors show/receive No signal. I tried lowering display resolution - no impact. Have reset NVRAM, SMC several times… reconnected all cables several times… tired MiniDisplay Port adapter>DVI…no luck. ANY IDEAS MUCH APPRECIATED! This is in a studio where i need to have dual display - in a second work area - splitter needed because distance to the far-monitor is too long for a passive splitter -

Mfgr tech support says graphic card in this Mini can possibly work for 'awhile' then stop recognizing the splitter… How so? If it reads a single monitor fine, connected direct - It's too coincidental for a second splitter to develop the same issue as the other one had - I don't know if there's something in the Acer monitor settings that'd affect anything but i doubt it - this newer splitter 'fixed' the old one's problem after it was connected - and now signal is not recognized thru it after a couple of weeks.

Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 5.40.10 PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.