Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macinoah

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2016
So I upgraded my iPhone 5S from iOS 10.3.2 to the iOS 11 Public Beta, and I was amazed to see to removed Videos app on the second page of my home screen. But after about a minutes, it disappeared completely. ???

IMG_0001.PNG

magicMac

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2010
UK
1. Nope, it’s set to US
2. I think that’s an bug, I don’t know how it’s like that

I hope it’s not a bug. Don’t know why I need to be reminded each time I look at my phone that I’m on EE, 24 month contract n all, Doubt I’d forget. If it changes due to roaming surely iOS could just pop up saying “you’re now connected to orange in France” for example. The status bar looks much cleaner without the carrier name.

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
I hope it’s not a bug. Don’t know why I need to be reminded each time I look at my phone that I’m on EE, 24 month contract n all, Doubt I’d forget. If it changes due to roaming surely iOS could just pop up saying “you’re now connected to orange in France” for example. The status bar looks much cleaner without the carrier name.
This should be an option under Phone settings, I'd gladly hide it.

magicMac

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2010
UK

seems someone at apple reads these forums, second beta adds this message when you switch network...

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_2bd4.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2bd4.jpeg
    224.1 KB · Views: 227
Reactions: Shirasaki

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014
When I updated from iOS 9 to 10 the videos app changed to tv app. Minutes later it reverted back to videos app. I am now on iOS 11 beta and it still remains as video app. I suspect it has something to do with your location. I think iTunes may have switched stores when I clicked on an app link prior to the update.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
seems someone at apple reads these forums, second beta adds this message when you switch network...
I guess this happens when you manually select the network in settings.
[doublepost=1500787600][/doublepost]
Eleven THOUSAND, dude! I think at that point I would just sign up for junk email until I hit 100,000+ emails so the mail app could have a cute red hat. :D
I think you need another 0 in the end to reach this goal: that is, 1 million unread emails. :p

Reactions: Goatllama

magicMac

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2010
UK
I guess this happens when you manually select the network in settings.

It probably would happen if you did that, in my case it was when I landed in the UK after being in Spain and therefore automatically changed network from roaming to not roaming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.