Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NapoleonIV

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
When watching a video on youtube of other streaming sites, once the video controls disappear after a few seconds, the entire video becomes skewed to the side and crooked. I tried to screenshot it but the screen shot showed a straight video the way it should have been! I therefore had to take a picture with my phone. Does anyone have an idea as to how I might fix this? I can’t watching videos online! This started happening before the most recent update.

Attachments

• IMG_0395.jpg
    IMG_0395.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 378
Last edited:

vddobrev

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2016
Haskovo, Bulgaria
I have the same issue on MacBook Pro 13” 2015, and it happens in Safari and iTunes with 4:3 videos, or at least not with all videos. It looks like it is related to screen resolution - default for display is when the issue is present, anything else and videos play normally.

NapoleonIV

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Unfortunately I am still encountering this problem after having changed my display preferences.
[doublepost=1525826761][/doublepost]Ok, I see that when I select the highest resolution, it actually just changes back to default for display. Lowering the resolution fixed the problem.

TETENAL

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2014
I have the same issue with a MacBook Pro 13" 2015. I am running the "default" display resolution.

MSastre

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2014
When watching a video on youtube of other streaming sites, once the video controls disappear after a few seconds, the entire video becomes screwed to the side and crooked. I tried to screenshot it but the screen shot showed a straight video the way it should have been! I therefore had to take a picture with my phone. Does anyone have an idea as to how I might fix this? I can’t watching videos online! This started happening before the most recent update.

I'm running the latest version of High Sierra on a late 2013 15" rMBP and am not seeing this issue at all.

TETENAL

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2014
Can you check other resolutions and report if it fixes the issue.
I could try changing the screen resolution, when it happens again. It's not always this way.

I won't call it a "fix" though. The "default" screen resolution is the resolution I want to use. It should work (and all the other too).

vddobrev

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2016
Haskovo, Bulgaria
I could try changing the screen resolution, when it happens again. It's not always this way.

I won't call it a "fix" though. The "default" screen resolution is the resolution I want to use. It should work (and all the other too).
I agree 100% is not a fix I also want to use the default resolution. But when I hit this issue changing the resolution works.

NapoleonIV

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
I changed the resolution, then I changed it back to default for screen after a few days including restarts. No problems since then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.