Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Msquared

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2009
I have a Nikon D60 and would like to view photos as I shoot them on my imac. I am guessing there is software to do this, can anyone help?

zachsilvey

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
Battle Ground
This is called tethered shooting and your D60 does support it. If you have Aperture it is really easy, iPhoto doesn't allow for tethered shooting. There are other options just google "tethered shooting nikon d60" on google.

Kalaheo

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2009
If I'm correct, there is more than one way to do this. You didn't mention what software you have already. I don't have much experience with this yet, but the way I do it with my Nikon D40 is with Lightroom 2 and a free program called Mountainstorm. It took a while to figure it out, but it works. My limiting step was that I didn't know you had to change something in the camera menu that had to do with the USB out from the camera. There is also a program from Nikon called Camera Control Pro, but it's not free like Mountainstorm. This is just to start you off. I'm sure you will get replies from others who do this every day. You can also get more info from "the google."

http://www.mountainstorm.co.uk/photography/Tether-Overview/Tether-Overview.html

SelfMadeCelo

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2008
Tulare, CA
Sofort Bild = Instant Picture with quick translation from German to English

As the program automatically transfer all captured images instantly to you hard disk it is actually a pretty good name if you think about it.

Oh cool. Didn't even cross my mind to think it was in a different language.

chiefroastbeef

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
The best application from Nikon is Camera Control Pro 2, as it allows you to plug in your camera, and control every camera setting through the program on your computer. There is also a liveview function with camera like my d700, where you get a live picture of what is being seen on the camera on your computer screen. A really cool and powerful program for a studio photographer.

If you just want to view the images on computer after a shot, I'd invest in Aperture and use its tethered shooting function. Works well and saves the photos onto your destination of choice inside the Aperture library.

nickXedge

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2008
Long Island
That card would work with anything that has an sd card slot it is independent of the camera's software.

Yes, that's the point. It should do what the OP is interested in doing, and also work for just about anyone else accessing this thread looking to do the same with just about any camera. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.