Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
How can i see fast and easy the px resolution of a video file? I have a jarge number of video files and i want to know which are 16:9 aspect ratio and which re not. Due to the fact they are hundreds, i wan the process to be fast. I was hoping that i could do this with Bridge, one by one as long as i would just go to the next and next by click and go, but no, there isn't such an option for video file specs in Bridge cc2017... any ideas?

RogerWilco6502

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2019
Tír na nÓg
How can i see fast and easy the px resolution of a video file? I have a jarge number of video files and i want to know which are 16:9 aspect ratio and which re not. Due to the fact they are hundreds, i wan the process to be fast. I was hoping that i could do this with Bridge, one by one as long as i would just go to the next and next by click and go, but no, there isn't such an option for video file specs in Bridge cc2017... any ideas?
Open it up with QuickTime or VLC and hit Command+I is what I would suggest, but it sounds like you have a desire for something a bit more automated. You could always use VLC and load them all into a playlist and then check each resolution with the info pane?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I don't think any of the mentioned ideas will give you a "16x9" type of result but will tell you "1280x720" or whatever…and you can see that video resolution in the Finder's "Get Info". Open the "Inspector" version of "Get Info" (Option-Command-I) to speed things up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.