Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sofila

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
Ramtop Mountains
Hallo, VLC App on my (almost) brand new Apple TV 4K is no longer working. Selecting and clicking for the app in menu results in going back to the app list. Restarting Apple TV, deleting the app and reinstalling hasn't helped. Just before this I've had had problems in playing some files placed on external source (on the same upnp network). Any tip?
The stranger thing for me is that even reinstalling the app doesn't produce any change.

sofila

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
Ramtop Mountains
Hallo, VLC App on my (almost) brand new Apple TV 4K is no longer working. Selecting and clicking for the app in menu results in going back to the app list. Restarting Apple TV, deleting the app and reinstalling hasn't helped. Just before this I've had had problems in playing some files placed on external source (on the same upnp network). Any tip?
The stranger thing for me is that even reinstalling the app doesn't produce any change.
Problem solved. just found out that a network error may lead to a sudden app crash. There were some conflicts between VLC and Upnp server. Opening the app with no network available let a chance to manage the problem. I think this topic is ready to’ be closed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.