Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keith204

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
I'm working on some woodworking tutorial videos in iMovie, and I'd like to record a voiceover first, then grab clips from various devices to add where appropriate.

Currently, I'm using iMovie to add voiceover clips. It's working well, *until* I start dragging the video clips around. I'd prefer the audio to stay in place, but it doesn't...it sort of auto-morphs around the videos in an automatic way I dislike.

So, I'm looking for an app (maybe like Audacity?) where I can record & fine tune a single MP3 to import into iMovie. That way, the mp3 can stay the same as I drag videos around.

Any ideas?

(OR, even just a way to export the audio from iMovie and re-import it as a single file)

EDIT/Clarification:

The workflow I'm trying to achieve:
  1. Record & fine-tune a scripted narrative
  2. Add that audio to iMovie
  3. Add video to iMovie

Attachments

• File Apr 17, 11 31 47 AM.png
    File Apr 17, 11 31 47 AM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 261
Last edited:

keith204

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
I'll look into that. Thanks for the quick responses.
[doublepost=1492449503][/doublepost]Oh man, I'm a moron. I just remembered Garage Band.

Before buying this iPad, I used GarageBand on the iPhone to record audio clips (but not mix and edit). Then I'd export/import to DaVinci Resolve for video editing, and arrange/adjust the audio tracks from within DaVinci.

Now, when using iMovie, I completely overlooked GarageBand's abilities to not only record, but also mix audio...which it ovbiously does very well.

I apologize for wasting your time. Please send me a terrible question so we can be even.

mike.coulter

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2008
Haha thats okay, hopefully someone searches this exact question in years to come and find your great solution! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.