Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What calibration worked BEST for you? (pick the one that left you satisfied)

• Huey Pro

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Eye One

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Spyder 2 Pro

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Spyder 2 Express

• I used Apple's calibrate tool, found through the preferences pane

• I used Apple's color sync utility

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other Software Solution

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Screen was great out of the box

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • I'm still not satisfied with my color calibration

• Total voters

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Looking for some feedback on calibration. Would you mind voting for what you used that you were PLEASED with? Any products that didn't work for you, put into comments below.

pprior

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2007
Well I don't know how many people have really used more than one option. I voted Huey Pro because that's what I bought and it works well for me. Other options may be better (I've heard that the Huey Pro has problems with some of the Macbook screens) but I haven't used any of the other ones.

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Well I don't know how many people have really used more than one option. I voted Huey Pro because that's what I bought and it works well for me. Other options may be better (I've heard that the Huey Pro has problems with some of the Macbook screens) but I haven't used any of the other ones.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I meant if you were happy with what you got, vote that. If it took one try, vote that one, if it took 3 tries, vote the 3rd one. Whichever one made you feel like "OK, I can work with this"

law guy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2003
Western Massachusetts
The Eye One Display 2 seems to work well. I can't say that it's better or worse than any other solution, but I can tell you that my experience is that it works quickly and easily on my ACD.

apearlman

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2007
Red Hook, NY
May not be the info you're looking for.

This survey won't tell you which solution works best, only which ones sell the most units. Most people are pleased with their first purchase, and don't try more than 1 product.

Also, there are other popular choices (Huey non-pro, Spyder3, DTP-94, etc.) not on your list.

Andrew

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Looking for some feedback on calibration. Would you mind voting for what you used that you were PLEASED with? Any products that didn't work for you, put into comments below.

What will happen here is that everyone will simply vote for the product they happen to own. You will find that people are cheap and buy the lowest priced product. So a survey like this will simply find which product has the lowest price.

Let's say we repeated your survey with computers. I think we'd find that some cheap Dell PC is the "best" computer.

What you want to find is the product that is the best fit to your needs. Do you have two screens on your mac? Do you care about Gama calibrations other then "standard"? do you need a larger system that can also calibrate your scanners and printers. How much are you willing to learn? Do you need "hands off fully automatic" or do you want to get involved with making 100 different settings? How critical is youre work and how good is your eye?

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
The Eye One Display 2 seems to work well. I can't say that it's better or worse than any other solution, but I can tell you that my experience is that it works quickly and easily on my ACD.

You just brought up another large problem with this survey. You have an ACD. What if I have a glossy screen iMac? What works best on the ACD may not work well at all on the iMac or Macbook. Voting on which is best only works if everyone's needs are the same

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.