Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Teenso

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2020
Good day community I never used a vpn before and today im using NORDVPN. I register, download the app on the Macstore and sign in with my credentials. The issue lies when trying to connect I get a message that says VPN Connection "Please enter your authentication information "

According to Norton troubleshoot this is to put my VPN password but the alert keeps popping back up. Anyone found a fix or has had this nightmare before?

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
Is there an option to download the client from the NordVPN website as opposed to the App Store? I use Surfshark as my VPN, and the Mac client has been working flawlessly.

matram

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2011
Sweden
Good day community I never used a vpn before and today im using NORDVPN. I register, download the app on the Macstore and sign in with my credentials. The issue lies when trying to connect I get a message that says VPN Connection "Please enter your authentication information "

According to Norton troubleshoot this is to put my VPN password but the alert keeps popping back up. Anyone found a fix or has had this nightmare before?

For VPN you have something that is sometimes calles a ”shared secret”. It looks like a very long password, but it is not you normal user password for login, it is a string shared between you and the VPN access point used for encryption of the link. Are you sure you have entered the correct information.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.