Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MUWarrior10

macrumors member
Original poster
May 7, 2014
Chicago
Trying to decide between AppleCare or Verizon Wireless total protection on my iPhone X. Does anyone have any experience with Verizon Total Protection (I’m a new costumer)? Or, has anyone purchased AppleCare?

rodetrip

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2014
i have both on mine just cuz applecare does not have loss and theft, better safe than sorry!

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
The difference with AppleCare is you can go right to the store and get authorized repairs/troubleshooting if you have a problem. If you live in a city with an Apple Store, it's a nice advantage.

That being said, Apple will cover most things anyway for the first year except accidental damage.

Topher227

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago, IL
Call me crazy, but I go with both.

AppleCare for just about anything (broken screen, broken phone [even in pieces], broken charger, etc).
VZ Total Protection (their lower plan) for if the phone gets lost or stolen (or dropped through the grates at the N Michigan Ave bridge... or run over by the EL).

DougFNJ

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2008
NJ
I am not crazy about Verizon's Total Protection. First of all their refurbished process is not Apple's refurbished process. I have used Verizon's protection in the past and have had to swap numerous phones because they do not scrutinize the device as Apple does. It is much easier to get a dud device as replacement with Verizon than one from Apple. I think you have the same people refurbishing iPhones as you do with Android phones.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I like AppleCare+ you get to deal only with Apple. Whatever Verizon uses is just a hassle to deal with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.