Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lionfleet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2012
Hello,

I'm wondering if it would be smartest to wait till Black Friday to see what deals come for the iPhone 11 Pro or if it would be smarter to buy right now... I currently have a iPhone 8+ that I could sell. The con to waiting is that my iPhone 8 might devalue but the pro is maybe a bigger discount from my carrier.
On the other hand it may be smart to sell the iPhone 8+ now and just upgrade. What do you guys think?
I want to get a iPhone 11 Pro for me and iPhone 11 for my wife.

Thank you for the help!

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
depends on your carrier. Just check last years deal. The T-mobile deal right now is incredible. Tho on Black Friday for the other 2-3 carriers you usually get 150-250 buying it at a store. Pretty sure it will be similar this year.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
Black Friday is a great time to get a phone no doubt but are you going to wait in line that many resellers like Walmart, Sam Club, etc require?

Personally I would just sell my phone and upgrade but the longer you wait the greater the chances you get to take advance of a good holiday promo

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
It makes sense if you're on a post paid plan, but I use prepaid and buy phones outright so doesn't really matter to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.