Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

igmolinav

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Hi,

I may buy for the first time on ebay. They offer with the purchase of the lens, a kit of filters.

What do you think about the quality. Is it alright ??

B&H offers the same lens for $599 + $40 for a Hoya UV filter.

Is the filter kit (Krystal Brand) and the cleaning kit for extra $40 worth it ??

Thank you very much, kind regards,

igmolinav.

P.S. By the way, is it, in your opinion, too much to pay $35 usd for 2nd day shipping ?? They are in NYC and I am in Maryland. B&H shipping quote is $11.00 usd

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hi,

Is the filter kit (Krystal Brand) and the cleaning kit for extra $40 worth it ??

First, those filters might not even work on that lens. Looks like that ultra wide 11mm lens might require special ultra-thin filters. If you even use filters which mostly you will not as they don't work well with such a wide lens.

Second, it's a no name brand not worth owning even if it were given away free

Third, don't buy stuff like this on eBay, stay with the top tier resellers

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
Those filters are garbage. You get what you pay for. The filters that are ones to get are B&W, Sing-Ray or some Hoyas.

I made the mistake years and years ago to get cheap filters. HUUUGE mistake, especially if you are going on a vacation to some place far, far away. Why take chances, and degrade you images with cheap glass filters.

igmolinav

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Hi guys,

Thank you very much for your answers : ) !!! I really appreciate it !!!

Very kind regards,

igmolinav.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.