Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Walkie talkie works fine for me most all the time. My only issue is that every time I use it it adds myself as a walkie talkie contact. I remove myself on the watch and in the watch app on the phone but just re adds me when I use it again. This does not happen on my wife’s or any of my friends. I don’t understand why it does this as it won’t let me talk to myself lol! I’ve rebooted both the watch and my phone at the same time but keeps happening. My next option is to reset and set up as new watch. I really don’t want to do that. This is on a series 4 by the way.

MiniMoney

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2011
Is anyone you're talking to on the Walkie Talkie app using your Apple ID? If your wife is using your Apple ID and you talk to her on the app, perhaps it just adds the name tied to the Apple ID.

upandown

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2017
Walkie talkie works fine for me most all the time. My only issue is that every time I use it it adds myself as a walkie talkie contact. I remove myself on the watch and in the watch app on the phone but just re adds me when I use it again. This does not happen on my wife’s or any of my friends. I don’t understand why it does this as it won’t let me talk to myself lol! I’ve rebooted both the watch and my phone at the same time but keeps happening. My next option is to reset and set up as new watch. I really don’t want to do that. This is on a series 4 by the way.
same thing happens for me too. AW2

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Is anyone you're talking to on the Walkie Talkie app using your Apple ID? If your wife is using your Apple ID and you talk to her on the app, perhaps it just adds the name tied to the Apple ID.

No. She does not use my Apple ID. No one does but me. No idea how this is happening.
[doublepost=1546075859][/doublepost]
same thing happens for me too. AW2

Good to know I’m not the only one as I’ve been thinking.

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
So I’m pretty sure I figured it out. It was only happening when I contacted my wife though the app and not with my other 4 friends. The only thing I could think of is the we both share the same home number under my contacts. Weird because that is a land line. I went into my contact information and deleted my home number. This is no longer happening and seems to be solved.

upandown

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2017
So I’m pretty sure I figured it out. It was only happening when I contacted my wife though the app and not with my other 4 friends. The only thing I could think of is the we both share the same home number under my contacts. Weird because that is a land line. I went into my contact information and deleted my home number. This is no longer happening and seems to be solved.
Yeah it happened to me when I contacted my wife as well. Although we don’t have the same contact information except for our address. We are tied via iCloud though. And last name? Huh

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Yeah it happened to me when I contacted my wife as well. Although we don’t have the same contact information except for our address. We are tied via iCloud though. And last name? Huh
Ahhhh. May be your address linking the 2 of you causing this to happen. I just checked and I haven’t updated her address since we moved but did update mine. The only thing we had in common was our home phone number which I changed. Obviously a bug Apple hasn’t noticed or fixed. I’m curious if you remove the address from yours or her contact info will this fix the issue for you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.