Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grist44

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
Hi all,

I’m a happy owner of an Apple Watch series 4 but since day one the walkie talkie app doesn’t work as expected. When I’m offline in the app and someone tries to reason me I get a notification as normal and I can go online and talk to people however I can’t start a conversation myself with others as it constantly tries to connect to the user I’m trying to speak to and eventually I’m getting an error that I failed to connect. My friends get a notification that I’m trying to reach them but I never connect with them.

I’ve reported this to apple and they told me that this a known issue that they don’t know how to fix so they asked for my help. I’ve spent long time with them assisting them with installing profiles on my iPhone X and Apple Watch and following the instructions but their requests went over the top when they asked me to connect my devices to my MacBook for them to collect data (something that I was told it would take an hour). I said no simply because I’m not gonna get anything from all this time that I would spend assisting them.

Did anyone else noticed this or knows how to fix it?

Mercenary

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
Walkie talkie is very temperamental. It mainly fails for me when my companion phone moves from one network to another i.e wifi to cell. I end up having to message the other person asking them to send me a 'beep' or message for it to start working again.

I may as well just text them and heck, having dictation working in every app and keyboard now just message them.

The problem with walkie talkie is you have no way to know they received the message.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.