Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macgfxdesigner

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
Would this make a cool wall mural? The skyline of Atlanta and Buckhead, GA taken from a helicopter at about 500 feet.

Would be printed on (3) 14x11 Canvas Wraps with 1 inch thick edges and about 2 inches separating each canvas print (like shown in picture)
303557294_0b4a02124f_b.jpg

dante@sisna.com

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2006
Yes

Wow! That is a nice set of shots.

I reproduce stuff like this all the time on my HP Designjet 130 and Colorspan Displaymaker 72.

This would make a great wall mural. I have printed them 6 feet tall by very long lengths such as 12 feet. I have one in my basement like this.

Very cool. Print it up.

Dante

macgfxdesigner

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
Yes. Did you take these pictures yourself?

Yeah one of the joys of my job, I own a nice digital camera (30d) and I work for a commercial real estate firm, so we need aerials flown all the time, well the boss knows I am good at photography and its free to him! So I go up about once a month or so.

failsafe1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2003
Very nice photos and a great idea. BW tones always look fantastic. One question. The frame or print on the left has the tall building cropped close to the right side. Anyway to reprint the frame to move the building to the left? It may look better large and if so ignore this.

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
Very cool. I'd like to see the files right out of the camera.

My girlfriend and I are doing something sort of similar in our new house. I booked a session with one my photographer friends. The plan is to take nine photos from the session, have them printed at 11x14, put them in simple black frames, and hang them on the wall in a grid.

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
I've always wanted to do a wall mural-something to take up an entire wall. I have a few fantastic shots I took in Italy and England that would work wonderfully. I have always imagined that it would cost a ton of money to do, and then there is always the problem of where to get it done.

macgfxdesigner

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
Printing

I am getting mine printed from a company called www.mpix.com GREAT company, and great prices, turn around and customer service!

The canvas prints cost about $70 a piece for 11x14

Highly recommend using them!

The picture is a of print that I ordered from them last week 16x24
(taken with a crappy work camera olddddddddddd nikon, the photo doesn't do it justice!!)

Attachments

• DSCN1425.jpg
    DSCN1425.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 89

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
Looks like a nice site, I'll have to look into that. What I would personally like to do is have something printed out to paper the exact size of the wall- no frames, just one, massive picture that "is" the wall. That would cost a lot, but but would be worth it, imo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.