Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr Cicc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2017
I cant seem to find the video I saw or think I saw a day or 2 ago posted on facebook of the supposedly iphone 8/Edition/X.

I don't know if it was a conceptual design or an accidental premature released video either...but I want to share what I can recall seeing and hopefully if someone else saw this video they can confirm I wasnt dreaming....

The video began with typical black screen and apple logo.
All on a black background, the internal components begin being assembled falling into place

and then it blew my mind....

Once the internal components were assembled the oled screen, like a sleeve slips in above the internal components and wraps the phone. Now this doesn't mean the screen slides on and off and I'm sure this was all just graphical and all for presentation as on the top and bottom of the phone was jet black of the phone where the speakers were found and the the sim was inserted at the bottom.

It was a sexy iphone DOUBLE SIDED SCREEN!

Was I dreaming!!??? Please tell me I either saw a concept video and I would appreciate if someone can link me through to it if you can find the link as I have tried to search for it but cannot seem to find it anywhere!!

I cant recall much else on the presentation but the dual screen allowed your phone to have the back with non static 'covers'.

Features I can vaguely remember are the following:

The phone features bevels and everything was in jet black...
Top and bottom speakers along the perimeter
Sim card inserted where traditionally you connected the charger
No charging port and no headphone jack..I am guessing it was indicative that it is waterproof
A mention of the word `Never ending` or `Endless` is featured once they reveal that the iphone has double sided screen...the notion of it being endless since it wraps all the way around the phone.
2 separate jet black buttons, ever so slightly bevelled on the right side

Please tell me someone else has seen this video!!

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
Didn't see it, but what I can tell you is....that's not not going to happen, but you can continue dreaming :)

Reactions: Sunny1990

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
I don't use Facebook for a reason, but sometimes, just some times, Facebook is still bought to me in the most unexpected of ways and places. :p

Stefan johansson

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2017
Sweden
Videos like that are usually most lies and trick photography. If you saw Jurassic park on Facebook,would you be scared of velociraptors in your kitchen then?

Mr Cicc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2017
Videos like that are usually most lies and trick photography. If you saw Jurassic park on Facebook,would you be scared of velociraptors in your kitchen then?

Lol I am not that naive... and yes on facebook there is a lot of fake posts... the amount on iphone leak videos is ridiculous! However, this one struck me as most innovative than the rest...having said that yeah it obviously was just another iphone video but stood apart with its double sided screen when apple did apple a patent for if i'm not mistaken.

Stefan johansson

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2017
Sweden
Lol I am not that naive... and yes on facebook there is a lot of fake posts... the amount on iphone leak videos is ridiculous! However, this one struck me as most innovative than the rest...having said that yeah it obviously was just another iphone video but stood apart with its double sided screen when apple did apple a patent for if i'm not mistaken.
Yes,Apple has dozens or more of strange patents,most are just supposed to stop other m anufacturers from develop their own products.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.