Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freddyonderstal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2021
Well, I ordered a Watch 7 SS Graphite with the Milanese Loop.
The case of the watch had some small dark spots, so I returned it and ordered a new one with the Abyss blue sportband.

I’m a person of detail, so I went searching for small scratches and yes: I found a very tiny scratch on the top of the casing.
so on the upper side of the caseing.
It’s only visible under certain angle and loght, but I know it’s there… The glass is without any scratch, there’s only a very small one on the case itself.

What would you do? Also return this one and order a third new one?

freddyonderstal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2021
Post a pic. Can’t answer your question without seeing what it looks like first.
I can’t get it on a picture. I tried several times to find the tiny scratch in the lens, but I can’t.
It’s really tiny and not visible at a normal look. Only under certain angle and light.

freddyonderstal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2021
You went searching for small scratches and found some. Congratulations. Now ask yourself why you bought the Watch and if it can still do what you expect of it.
So you won’t return again and order a new one again?

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I can’t get it on a picture. I tried several times to find the tiny scratch in the lens, but I can’t.
It’s really tiny and not visible at a normal look. Only under certain angle and light.
Yeah, that’s kinda what I figured you’d say…

If it can’t even be captured on camera, why bother stressing about it so much? Nothing in life is perfect and that includes the materials used to make an Apple Watch. You can go through 100’s of returns trying to find the absolute perfect Apple Watch, which may eventually get a few blemishes from everyday use anyway or you can lose your mind over something that can only be seen by your eagle eyes. Your call. If you can’t show me this alleged scratch via photo, then you know my answer.

Look at this way. There are so many Graphite S7s out there in the wild. The only thing that makes them unique from one another are the scratches, blemishes and imperfections they gain over time, with use. Think of this scratch as a fingerprint. Something nobody else has because no two scratch patterns are alike.

Have ya at least tried rubbing it out with your finger or a microfiber cloth?

Last edited:

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
It is your money spent. Only you can decide if you want to go for another attempt. No one can tell you how to spend your money. I’m a person of detail as well and even if it’s a slightest scratch out of the box, I 100% will return and exchange it. Now if I scratched it myself then I own up to it.

Reactions: addamas

zachleft

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2018
If you can't capture it with a camera then it's probably not a big enough deal to return it. Plus with a perfect watch, you're one accidental brush with a door frame or something and you're back to square one

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.