Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seatton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 7, 2013
Seattle, WA
Hello,

I am looking for an Apple Watch app for meditation. Is there an app that I can start my meditation, then hit finish and it will log my meditation minutes (Mindfulness) on the Health app directly? I don't want any app that will talk through my meditation or send a light tap on my wrist.

Every day ever since I started my quiet meditation routine (each session about 35-40 minutes), I would need to start my Stopwatch (either on my iPhone or on the watch), then start meditation, then after I finish, I would have to stop the watch, open the Health app and log in my Mindfulness in my Health app. I am looking for a simple app that can serve this purpose.

I discovered that meditation helps with deep sleep. Thanks for the recommendation in advance.

Happy meditating!

deep1

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
I use Calm which add mindfulness mins automatically to health app, I use it on phone though but they have watch app too.

seatton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 7, 2013
Seattle, WA
Thanks for the info. I am looking into it now and there are many areas which the app will talk or play music... If you can point out which area to select in the app, that will be greatly appreciated.
[automerge]1590439743[/automerge]
I use Calm which add mindfulness mins automatically to health app, I use it on phone though but they have watch app too.

deep1

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
You can go to setting and turn the volume off for scene that will stop background music, regarding the talk i use talk so check in music there might be some option but if you only want to use app to record mins then find any 35/40 min long session, let it run, volume down and once you are finished it will record your mins.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.