Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
So far the AW 4 is working fine - when it's on my wrist. But when it's charging the animated green "lightning bolt with circle" will show up at random times, no rhyme or reason. This has been going on for a week plus now.

But this ALSO seems to trigger the rear green light sensor. This will remain on, not sure how long though...it varies.

When I am ready to take the watch off the charger, the back is warm - not hot...just warmer since the sensor has been on.

Just odd. This is not happening on my old AW 1 watch, it never happened in the 3+ years I've had this.
Anyone else? I've checked the USB "puck" connection, everything is fine.

Attachments

• IMG_0892.jpeg
    IMG_0892.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 253

Jason Hensley

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2018
So far the AW 4 is working fine - when it's on my wrist. But when it's charging the animated green "lightning bolt with circle" will show up at random times, no rhyme or reason. This has been going on for a week plus now.

But this ALSO seems to trigger the rear green light sensor. This will remain on, not sure how long though...it varies.

When I am ready to take the watch off the charger, the back is warm - not hot...just warmer since the sensor has been on.

Just odd. This is not happening on my old AW 1 watch, it never happened in the 3+ years I've had this.
Anyone else? I've checked the USB "puck" connection, everything is fine.
While the light and animation is odd, the fact that it’s warm isn’t. My watch is usually warm when I take it off the charger. I assume you’ve already tried doing a hard reset on the watch?

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
While the light and animation is odd, the fact that it’s warm isn’t. My watch is usually warm when I take it off the charger. I assume you’ve already tried doing a hard reset on the watch?
I did do a reset, it looked like it may have solved the issue -- for now. I didn't notice the random charge icon pop up at all yesterday. Hopefully that took are of the odd issue.

n00bz0rd2

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2010
I did do a reset, it looked like it may have solved the issue -- for now. I didn't notice the random charge icon pop up at all yesterday. Hopefully that took are of the odd issue.
I've had the same issue since updating to watchOS 5.01. I've done multiple resets but hasn't made a difference. Even took it to a Genius Bar and sent it for inspection - no fault found apparently. Not sure what else to try.

Reactions: PhillyGuy72
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.