Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davetal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
I have updated to WatchOS3.0 and have these two issues (so far). The Breathe app, I have ALL notifications turned off, including all notifications for the Activity app (suggested by Apple live chat) and yet I still get notification every 4-5 hours to breathe. Second, my text messages on my watch only show the number it is coming from, not my contact name associated with that number. Lastly, the watch face is WAY to easy to change now and when I cross my arms with bare sleeves, I have accidentally changed it quite a few times now. Anyone else have or have seen these issues and can help?

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
Strange behaviour. Worth trying a hard reset on the Watch, or unpairing and repairing which can fix most issues following an OS update.

davetal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
NO such luck, still sends me the Breathe notification AND< still no contact names with texts, just their numbers.

MacGuy84

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2008
Im having the same issue with the Contact names not showing within the messages app, only phone numbers...

davetal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
Im having the same issue with the Contact names not showing within the messages app, only phone numbers...

Actually, the hard reset of the watch I did yesterday did clear up the texts showing as numbers. Not right away but later in the day, it did change over to show the contact names. Weird. But the Breathe app is very frustrating and annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.