Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Krayzkat

Suspended
Apr 22, 2011
It's normally the screen that pops off due to an expanded battery, never heard of the back bit (*technical term) coming off.

Anyway, take to an Apple store and speak to a scripted genius

Beej1094

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2018
Highland, UT
It's normally the screen that pops off due to an expanded battery, never heard of the back bit (*technical term) coming off.

Anyway, take to an Apple store and speak to a scripted genius
[doublepost=1532364397][/doublepost]Thnx, all. My bad, it is the front. And battery expansion is probable cause (left AW on charger longer than usual before occurrence. Causation does equal correlation ;))

Cordorb

macrumors regular
May 8, 2010
well to be fair charging is one good way to get a battery warmer

Took mine to apple store got replacement via UPS 2 days later. They can also send a pickup box to you.

use several for dev work so watch spends a lot of time getting updated and that watch was very warm where the others never were that warm. First hint was software updates were taking a lot longer

Beej1094

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2018
Highland, UT
well to be fair charging is one good way to get a battery warmer

Took mine to apple store got replacement via UPS 2 days later. They can also send a pickup box to you.

use several for dev work so watch spends a lot of time getting updated and that watch was very warm where the others never were that warm. First hint was software updates were taking a lot longer
[doublepost=1532372996][/doublepost]Thanks so much!

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Third party repair ok for this?

I wouldn’t. Apple certifies their work and uses OEM parts. Third party has to many risks with repairs that could encounter later issues. Also leaving your Apple on the Watch on the Charger shouldn’t result in any issues.

Beej1094

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2018
Highland, UT
I wouldn’t. Apple certifies their work and uses OEM parts. Third party has to many risks with repairs that could encounter later issues. Also leaving your Apple on the Watch on the Charger shouldn’t result in any issues.
[doublepost=1532377689][/doublepost]Hmmm... thanks. At the Apple Store right now and was informed it's under warranty if less than 3 yrs old. So it is, and I’m going that route.

Thanks for the reply.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.