Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
Recently (just today), my Series 2 began this weird cycle of automatically opening the Workout app and starting a Functional Training workout, without any input from me. The strangest thing is that once I tap the End button, it's like the workout never took place. And, as mentioned, this is a cycle that repeats over and over, constantly utilizing the heart rate sensor and bringing a significant hit to my battery life.

Does this sound like a weird, one-off thing? Have you had this happen with your watch?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Sounds lie the new auto workout feature is activating? Don't remember seeing other report it was active yet (not a developer). Is there a way to turn it off? Also do you select the App to auto start or does it decide?

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
Sounds lie the new auto workout feature is activating? Don't remember seeing other report it was active yet (not a developer). Is there a way to turn it off? Also do you select the App to auto start or does it decide?

The workout begins automatically, with no interaction from me.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
As a developer I'm sure you are aware of this.

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 1.10.38 PM.png

friednoodles

Suspended
Feb 4, 2014
You probably should include “beta” in the title so that if someone finds this thread in the future there won’t be confusion.

Glad that re-pair did the trick!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.