Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peros550

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2018
I would like to ask if watchOS 6 supports Siri Shortcuts

Thanks in advance,

adam1080

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2012
Just tried to run a shortcut from my watch after upgrading to iOS 13 and it wouldn't work. Upgraded my watch to iOS 6 and tried again and it told me "Sorry. Shortcuts is currently unavailable on Apple Watch."

I use that multiple times a day. it was 40% of the reason I bought my watch to begin with.

WHY IN THE HELL WOULD THEY TAKE AWAY SIRI SHORTCUTS ON THE WATCH!?!

I could cut someone...

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony_YYZ

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
Just tried to run a shortcut from my watch after upgrading to iOS 13 and it wouldn't work. Upgraded my watch to iOS 6 and tried again and it told me "Sorry. Shortcuts is currently unavailable on Apple Watch."

I use that multiple times a day. it was 40% of the reason I bought my watch to begin with.

WHY IN THE HELL WOULD THEY TAKE AWAY SIRI SHORTCUTS ON THE WATCH!?!

I could cut someone...
Hmm maybe cause they never worked reliably in the first place? But they should’ve fixed this of course.

Tony_YYZ

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2015
Hmm maybe cause they never worked reliably in the first place? But they should’ve fixed this of course.

I used siri Shortcuts on the watch daily. They worked perfectly fine for the apps I used it with. It's really annoying that I can't use the at all right now on the watch.

Reactions: adam1080

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
I used siri Shortcuts on the watch daily. They worked perfectly fine for the apps I used it with. It's really annoying that I can't use the at all right now on the watch.
Can we confirm that the feature has been removed?

Tony_YYZ

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2015
Can we confirm that the feature has been removed?
Nobody knows for sure. Some are saying it will return in 13.1 but I'm on the beta now and it still does not work. Still running watch OS 5 as well.

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Nobody knows for sure. Some are saying it will return in 13.1 but I'm on the beta now and it still does not work. Still running watch OS 5 as well.

I have the same problem. I used shortcuts a lot on my watch. Now they have 30-40% less value for me.

Apple has one step forward and two steps back.
Why not silently remove the ability to call or ti send messages?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.