Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Notes would be great...

These are in no particular order:

1. “Find My iPhone” App similar to what Find My Friends” has on the Watch.
If you lose your iPhone when you’re out on the go, not everyone has access to their iPad or a computer all the time. Would be great to be able to locate and or wipe your iPhone on the go with the Watch. I tried emailing myself the iCloud web link from a computer to be able to access it but it won’t open on the Watch. Other websites like FB and Google work a charm with this method.

2. The ability to initiate a call from the watch and send it direct to the iPhone from the Watch. Most of my time at work is spent in a car (that has Bluetooth) but the car infotainment is very clunky and would be nice to just raise my wrist, make a call and have it come over on the car’s Bluetooth system.

3. Able to see incoming calls on the Watch (answer, silent, decline) even when the iPhone is connected to another Bluetooth device (a car for example). Bluetooth 5 should be able to handle this. Case in point, I was out of the car for maybe 10 minutes with my phone on the car charger and connected to the car’s Bluetooth and my Watch still within Bluetooth range of the iPhone. During this time, I received and missed an important call that I was expecting to see on the Watch but never showed. After testing, I confirmed that the Watch will not show an incoming call while the iPhone is connected to another Bluetooth device, a car in this case.

3. Built in Calculator, Voice Memos and Notes like the OP suggested.

4. A notification if you break Bluetooth connection with any connected device (iPhone or AirPods). This way you will know if you accidentally leave something behind before it’s too late. The Watch is the only device that once it comes on, stays on and very difficult to misplace so it would make sense for it to have this capability. If not, maybe a geofence for wishlist item # 1

Akrapovic

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2018
Scotland
Face Store.

I can have a thousand watch bands, but a handful of crap faces. I can set photos as backgrounds. I can download keyboards and iMessage stickers. I can customise my phone background and lock screen. I can do all sorts of things to make my devices feel like mine.

Even if I can’t get a face store, hire a designer who has done all these concepts and pay him just to add faces. Seriously. Trillion dollar company, you can afford a guy who only sits there and makes faces. Then add them in as updates every few week. Weekly face release.

Just give me something that’s not crap. I’m glad I bought the Nike Watch because they put more effort in to theirs than Apple did the stock ones.

Dulcimer

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
The ability to setup secondary/backup complications when the primary one has no relevant data to display. For example: if I have my Today to-do list from Things as the main complication and I don't have anything in the list, automatically switch it out for a secondary complication that I've setup like more detailed weather.

And in general: more faces, more customization, more complications.

Reactions: tomtattoo

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
There’s so much untapped potential in the Activity app. I’d like more social integrations to share daily workouts with virtual workout partners. I love Strava’s maps for outdoor runs. They’re a very popular way of sharing your workouts on social media. It’s the only reason I still use Strava. Let us build a social circle of workout partners that we can follow with a newsfeed of everyone’s activity updated live.

Fitness is most effective when done in community.

Reactions: Akrapovic

Akrapovic

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2018
Scotland
There’s so much untapped potential in the Activity app. I’d like more social integrations to share daily workouts with virtual workout partners. I love Strava’s maps for outdoor runs. They’re a very popular way of sharing your workouts on social media. It’s the only reason I still use Strava. Let us build a social circle of workout partners that we can follow with a newsfeed of everyone’s activity updated live.

Fitness is most effective when done in community.

Ability to have Strava segments would be amazing. Garmin loads them, so can Apple Activites? I’d love that.

oeagleo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2016
West Jordan, Utah
Not so much a WatchOS wish, but I genuinely wish Apple would develop a web based platform where we could see all of the integrations of the watch on a laptop, or desktop computer. Having all of the information in one spot, (ala Garmin, Fitbit, Polar, etc) would be in my mind absolutely great; not to mention that if the phone gets lost, or dies, then you've lost all of the data between your last update to the present. If there were a web platform, that data would be there, and easily updated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.