Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jimmys

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
I know all about automator the only problem is I am on a windows right now

NoSmokingBandit

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2008
irFanView should be able to do this in windows. I've never used it myself (for this purpose at least), but it seems pretty easy:

Just fire up Irfanview and browse to the images you want to deal with. Hit the ‘b’ key on the keyboard or choose File | Batch Conversion from the menu. Select the files to which you want to apply a watermark, and then click the advanced button. If you saw my post on adding borders to images a couple of weeks ago then you might have already been in here. This time we want to take a look in the “Add overlay text” option.

As you can see, there are a number of options that you can use to set the watermark up exactly as you want it. Let’s work through them quickly.

X-Coord and Y-Coord are the offset, in pixels, from the start corner. Margins, if you like. Width and Height are the size of the usually invisible box the text sits inside. Start Corner is the same as the alignment options we set in PicMarkr, except that there is, thankfully, no centre option.

Add your watermark text in the box, appending date, time and a copyright symbol if required.

Irfanview has one outstanding feature that might be of use to you here. It uses placeholders and can change the watermark for each image. As a simple example, you can put the text ‘$N’ in the text box, and each image will be watermarked with its own filename. Click the Help button for more info.

Adjust font size, colour and alignment as you please, then click OK to return to the advanced settings page. After checking that you haven’t inadvertently left any other options turned on, click OK again to return to the Batch Conversion page.

Take a moment to think through the options you’ve chosen, make sure you’re not overwriting anything you shouldn’t, and click Start Batch.
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/watermarks-marking-your-image-territory/

octon

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2009
Add Watermarks to jpg files

I have downloaded the PhotoShop CS3 Action Pack and am trying to use Automator to add a watermark to image files when they are placed into a folder. Can anyone help?

sziehr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009
I need a stand alone solution for the mac. I am currently using the new adobe light room 3 beta and love the fact they added it. This does not help me much for my back catalogue that i would to water mark for internet release. Got any Ideas?

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I need a stand alone solution for the mac. I am currently using the new adobe light room 3 beta and love the fact they added it. This does not help me much for my back catalogue that i would to water mark for internet release. Got any Ideas?

Image magic is free and can operate on large numbers of images in batch mode.
I don't think it was a watermark function but you can add text with any degree of
transparency, size and font.
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.