Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tritian

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
when I connect to CarPlay I can’t use the mic in the app to do a search. I have enabled mic access for the apps. Makes them kind of useless if I can’t use voice commands.

I hope I am missing something obvious.

Cheesybugger

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2017
when I connect to CarPlay I can’t use the mic in the app to do a search. I have enabled mic access for the apps. Makes them kind of useless if I can’t use voice commands.

I hope I am missing something obvious.

Works for me and it understands what I say, unlike Siri in Apple maps.

tritian

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
Works for me and it understands what I say, unlike Siri in Apple maps.
Yeah it’s super frustrating! If I unplug the apps work fine, so I think the apps have all the permissions they need. Siri works fine from other apps, I can play music etc. so it not the car mic.

Ij2cool

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2018
Yeah it’s super frustrating! If I unplug the apps work fine, so I think the apps have all the permissions they need. Siri works fine from other apps, I can play music etc. so it not the car mic.
[doublepost=1538603595][/doublepost]This is a known issue. Several people have the same problem . It won’t work with my Honda Pilot. All works except microphone can’t hear me, and yes I gave permission for google to use my microphone

tritian

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
[doublepost=1538603595][/doublepost]This is a known issue. Several people have the same problem . It won’t work with my Honda Pilot. All works except microphone can’t hear me, and yes I gave permission for google to use my microphone

Oh good. When I posted this I hadn’t seen anyone else having the issue. I hope they fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.