Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Piplodocus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
I was pretty pleased to hear Apple bought DarkSky and were going to incorporate most of its features into the Apple weather app. All DarkSky's features, but with some added Apple polish and shine. But now I'm confused!

Since iOS 15 pressing my weather widget on the iPhone takes me to the Weather app for more details. Yay! As expected. But on my iPad (iPadOS 15) touching the weather widget takes me to the weather.com website. What?! I don't like weather.com, I'd rather be taken to the old DarkSky website, but then hence I'd seemingly have to use the darksky widget instead. Am I going daft? I've deleted the weather widget on iPad and reinstalled and it seems like the only "Weather" widget available? Where's my nice new iPad weather app with DarkSky features?

Have I done something dumb or is this an Apple iPad Weather screw-up job (just like I can't have a basic scientific calculator included on iPad without downloading one with ads on it or paying money)? ?‍♂️

bowens

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2006
Florida
I don't think the iPad has ever had a stock weather app. They added the weather widget with iOS 15, but it just directs you to weather.com. Hopefully someday we'll get a weather app on iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.