Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple_Glen_UK

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
West Sussex, England
Can anyone explain why on the widget screen the weather shows as (incorrectly) being lovely and sunny, yet when I enter the Weather App it shows it as raining (which is correct). I have an iPhone SE on 12.3.1.

Thanks.

1.png

2.png

darkeos

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2018
Can anyone explain why on the widget screen the weather shows as (incorrectly) being lovely and sunny, yet when I enter the Weather App it shows it as raining (which is correct). I have an iPhone SE on 12.3.1.

Thanks.

View attachment 842074
View attachment 842075

The weather app and the widget are going to work properly with the location services ON!!! :) , if you want it running... you need to mantain the gps enabled and the app with the correct access to the location services. If not, your widget is going to display the last updated weather, the last time that you have requested it manually, so will be not real ( you can update it manually) or with location services on.

Regards!

Apple_Glen_UK

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
West Sussex, England
The weather app and the widget are going to work properly with the location services ON!!! :) , if you want it running... you need to mantain the gps enabled and the app with the correct access to the location services. If not, your widget is going to display the last updated weather, the last time that you have requested it manually, so will be not real ( you can update it manually) or with location services on.

Regards!

Ah, that explains it. I knew there would be a reason. Thanks!

Reactions: darkeos
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.