Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
My wife simultaneously upgraded to iOS 13 and switched to using my old iPhone X last week, and since then she's been having a weird thing where the stock Weather app takes a really long time to update the local forecast.

I have it set to do background app updates, but when she opens it the "local" weather page is stuck at whenever the last time she used it, which can be many hours earlier (based on the "now" time in the timeline stripe), and it can take a minute or longer to load the current weather. It's done this through iOS 13, 13.1, and 13.1.1, plus a couple of troubleshooting-attempt reboots, so it's not just a temporary glitch. My 11 Pro, same location and OS, seems to be fine.

It appears, though I'm not certain, that the other tabs (including one in the same town as the current location) are updating normally, it's just the current-location one that's acting up. No other problems with Location Services or other apps that she or I have noticed.

Anybody else seeing this? Suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.