Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buadhai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2018
Korat, Thailand
Cha Am is a small beach town about 200K SW of Bangkok.

This morning my wife and I were up early enjoying the break of dawn. I notice that she was checking the outlook for the day using Apple's Weather app on her iPhone. She had My Location selected. The Weather app correctly determined that her current location was Cha AM. I looked at the Weather app on my iPhone on which I had Cha Am selected. Oddly, the forecasts were quite different.

IMG_8117.jpeg
IMG_8116.jpeg

So, rain today, or not? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Adora

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2024
Mostly there a several weather stations for a region's displayed name and Apple doesn't show the exact location it is using in it's App, just the city's name. So when location service is disabled it might just get data from a different station in the same city.

Buadhai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2018
Korat, Thailand
AFAIK there's no weather station in Cha Am. The closest one is at the Hua Hin airport about 10K south of Cha Am. The next closest would be in Petchaburi, about 40K north. Location Services was enabled for both of the screenshots that I posted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.