Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
Hey guys,

I just released a new iOS weather app that I've been working on the for last 6 months or so. It provides US weather data in a graphical format (which I prefer to traditional forecasts) and focuses on displaying the best quality forecast and observation data with the most transparency about where they generated in a format that's easy to read. It has a pretty sweet today view widget and an Apple Watch app with what I think is a really cool complication (maybe the best weather complication, but I'm biased).

Sorry for the shameless self promotion but I'm a long time member of this forum and I'd really be interested to get your opinions on what you think of my app. Does anybody want to try it out and let me know what you think?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/weathergraph/id1440701492?ls=1&mt=8

thanks,
Jax

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
Any particular reason the App is only promoted for the US?
I’m in the UK where we have a mixture of speed in mph but temp in Cº.

btw.. I tried it and all it gave was an empty black screen. Attempting to add a place resulted in nothing found in the search.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Any particular reason the App is only promoted for the US?
I’m in the UK where we have a mixture of speed in mph but temp in Cº.

btw.. I tried it and all it gave was an empty black screen. Attempting to add a place resulted in nothing found in the search.

The App Store description indicates: "Due to the fact that all data comes from NWS/NOAA, this app will only provide weather forecasts for the United States of America."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.