Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
I know about this but as far as I can tell you cannot upload photos to iPhoto. Is there a program to do this?

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
I know. Did you click the link? I aready have that but want to know if there is a way to add photos over the internet.

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
You want to remotely add photos to iPhoto?

Possible, but only from another mac.

What you'd have to do it turn on file sharing on the mac that contains your iPhoto library, and also forward the appropriate ports if it is behind a router.

Then, from your other mac, connect to the mac containing your iPhoto library, then launch iPhoto with the option key pressed so that it asks you to choose a library. Choose the library on your remote mac and it should open. You can then add photos to this library.

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
Well the PC's that go around my family are not Macs and my G4 is the only Mac. It gets too hot to use during the summer.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I know. Did you click the link? I aready have that but want to know if there is a way to add photos over the internet.

Still not clear what you want.

I think you are asking for the abilty to move a photo that is posted on the web into the iPhoto library that is on your mac. Right? That is easy if you are sitting at the Mac. Simply save the photo to your desktop them import to iPhoto.

But are you asking to do this remotely? While your Mac is at home and you are some other place you'd like to move photos onto your Mac? Yes that could be done too but only with considerable effort.

So tell us what it is you want.

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
I think you are asking for the abilty to move a photo that is posted on the web into the iPhoto library that is on your mac. Right? That is easy if you are sitting at the Mac. Simply save the photo to your desktop them import to iPhoto.

But are you asking to do this remotely? While your Mac is at home and you are some other place you'd like to move photos onto your Mac? Yes that could be done too but only with considerable effort.

So tell us what it is you want.

Yes. Mainly want to add photos to it from one of my PC's because 1 is not a frying pan and it has a built in CF reader.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.