Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shieldyoureyes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
Uppsala, Sweden
Rules (Copied from the first thread)

#1 You may submit only one photo per contest.

#2 The contest runs for exactly one week, from the time stamped on the first post in the thread (this will be made by the winner of the previous week's contest).

#3 Please refrain from commenting on the photos submitted in the contest. I think that a good photograph is one that can appeal to someone who may not know much about the technical aspects of photography. I think it would be best if the judge isn't swayed by someone else's opinion of the photograph.

The judge will decide his/her favorite at the end of the week, place a post listing it and a short synopsis of why he/she chose that photo. The winner is then responsible for starting a new thread containing a new contest and topic which again will run for exactly one week.

This weeks topic is 'motion'

ghostguts

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2008
Not my favorite shot by any means, but a fun one from a shoot I did today to start it off:

IMG632.jpg

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
In training...

I was down on the beach in Nelscott, a part of Lincoln City, OR, and there was this pooch flying down the beach. I had time to grab a couple of shots. I converted to b/w because the color was fairly monotone due to the sun behind the subject (looking west in late afternoon, too early for sunset.) He's got all four feet off the ground by a good margin...

DSC_1201.JPG

Model: NIKON D50
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/1250 sec
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 55mm

merlynhome

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2005
Good Friday waves in North Wales. Taken quickly before the spray got to us.

Attachments

• Crash.jpg
    Crash.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 165

blade1139

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2008
Utah
Contact

High School Softball Game.

Rebel XTi
1/1000
f/10

Edit: sorry about no picture, won't let me upload.......working.....on.....it............
New Edit: Success!

Attachments

• Contact.jpg
    Contact.jpg
    544.5 KB · Views: 164

TimJim

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007
Nikon D80

Air show in Spain. This is the Swiss Air Force.

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 665
  • Jets .jpg
    Jets .jpg
    905.1 KB · Views: 151

iProd

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2006
Boston
EOS 5D w/ Tokina 12-24
1/4000
F4
ISO 250

This is my first submission ever :O

Attachments

• 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 164

AlexH

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2006

Downtown Hot Springs, AR. Not necessarily my best, but the best motion shot I came up with this week...

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
Shieldyoureyes said he/she would be traveling at the end of this contest, and that the winner would come late. I'm about ready to ask one of the previous winners to pick from this set of submissions so we can get this back on track again. I'm done with finals and can shoot a lot more now, I was really looking forward to it.

What does everyone think we should do? Have a past winner make the choice, or what?

SLC

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
Oh good!! Shieldyoureyes did say a few days late and it's been a month now. I've been looking forward to this so lets go!!

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
We have a winner!

And the winner is...Hello.there (post #15)

There are some terrific photos in this thread, many of which play with the idea of motion by a clever association with its opposite, stasis. The photo of wildflowers by Hello.there edged out the competition in this case because the subject is delightfully unexpected, and Hello.there had to get down-and-dirty for the shot. The perspective and depth of field give the photo great visual interest. We all know that plants move very slowly on their own, but do not ordinarily associate them with the concept of motion. To see some plants defiantly resisting the force of the wind while others bow down in concert creates a wonderful sense of personality and community in this photo. The tallest stalk seems to rise above the rest like a staunch colossus, and the blurred foreground blossoms seem to lean into the frame as if craning to see that stalk too. To my eye, the photo is whimsical and beautiful. Oh yeah, and the colors are great!

Congrats to Hello.there and thanks to everyone for sharing. And thanks for letting me be the judge! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.