Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hello.there

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Couch
Weekly Photo Contest #6 (May 8, 2008)

Rules (Copied from the first thread)

#1 You may submit only one photo per contest.

#2 The contest runs for exactly one week, from the time stamped on the first post in the thread (this will be made by the winner of the previous week's contest).

#3 Please refrain from commenting on the photos submitted in the contest. I think that a good photograph is one that can appeal to someone who may not know much about the technical aspects of photography. I think it would be best if the judge isn't swayed by someone else's opinion of the photograph.

The judge will decide his/her favourite at the end of the week, place a post listing it and a short synopsis of why he/she chose that photo. The winner is then responsible for starting a new thread containing a new contest and topic which again will run for exactly one week.

This week's topic is 'The Passage of Time'.

SolracSelbor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
"My, How the Time Flies"

"My, How the Time Flies"
2400292108_3c81ca555e_o.jpg

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
Different times

Different times, different mores . . .

Attachments

• Provence med.jpg
    Provence med.jpg
    518.5 KB · Views: 183

jake-g

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2008
Future Denver Skyline

A project I was working on for class...

Attachments

• 2435628352_d0e5cf66f1_b.jpg
    2435628352_d0e5cf66f1_b.jpg
    535.6 KB · Views: 177

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Mods Note:

Hi, if you are going to continue doing the Weekly Photo Contest can you PM me when a new one is started so I can add it to the list that I compiled and am maintaining, I almost missed this weeks contest.

Hello.there

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Couch

And the winner is...Edge 100.

I loved the photos in this thread and the beautifully imaginative way 'Passage of Time' was represented and interpreted by the different images.

In the end I was torn between Edge 100 and Genshi's photos, which are obviously similar, but Edge's 'Waiting' stole my heart.

There's a melancholic, wistful feel to the photo. The man, eyes fixed on the ground, hands clasped, doesn't appear to be waiting for anyone, he seems to be lost in his thoughts, maybe he's just passing time. I'm just left wondering about his story.

Congratulations Edge 100, over to you for the next thread.

Edge100

macrumors 68000
May 14, 2002
Where am I???
Wow! I'm flattered!

I've been away in London (and now Paris) for the past few days. I've just gotten some internet access this afternoon, so I'll start a new thread shortly.

And the winner is...Edge 100.

I loved the photos in this thread and the beautifully imaginative way 'Passage of Time' was represented and interpreted by the different images.

In the end I was torn between Edge 100 and Genshi's photos, which are obviously similar, but Edge's 'Waiting' stole my heart.

There's a melancholic, wistful feel to the photo. The man, eyes fixed on the ground, hands clasped, doesn't appear to be waiting for anyone, he seems to be lost in his thoughts, maybe he's just passing time. I'm just left wondering about his story.

Congratulations Edge 100, over to you for the next thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.