Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
This week's challenge - Action!

I think this is broad, but easily conveyed. Hoping to see many different interpretations. :)

previous contests here:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/580184/

Rules:

1. You may enter only one photo.

2. Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.

3. The contest runs for exactly one week, starting NOW! (see time stamp)

4. At the end of the week, The Judge (last weeks winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision)

5. The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest.
(Winner has 48 hours to create new theme)

6. Please don't enter unless you are willing to accept the responsibilities of winning. (i.e.: Judging and choosing the next topic in a timely fashion.)

Hope no one objects to me adding rule six, hopefully it will return the continuity of this thread. Also wasnt sure if i should have started it as the 29th, but its still the 28th for me so sorry to those to the east of me. Okay Okay enough of my yappin', have at it folks. See ya in a week. :p

AxisOfBeagles

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2008
Top of the South
4562487495_1f337f8303_b.jpg

macrumormonger

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
There are many ways to fly.
4573554298_2783178996_b.jpg

Camera: Canon EOS REBEL T2i
Exposure: 0.002 sec (1/640)
Aperture: f/7.1
Focal Length: 27 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: Off, Did not fire

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2009
Seneca Rocks, West Virginia.

Attachments

• _DSC7580.jpg
    _DSC7580.jpg
    1,011.4 KB · Views: 204

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
And the winner is...

Sorry for the delay, was watching the bball game.

3rd: deep diver
I really like this shot, although I would have like to see the rest of the letter 'T'. My mind finishes the word, so it expects it to be there. Ya know? Also i think it would shift the 'weight' of the photo a little more out of the center. Again though I really like the shot, especially the fine details captured, like the blue trim, or that the frame is carbon fiber. Well done.

2nd: Chappers
Well, for the only one to have at least it's an amazing shot. The lighting and exposure are spot on, and the DOF separation is precise. I feel like he is running to me. Again, excellent photo.

1st: JDDavis
Wow! I really like this shot. The detail, location, lighting, everything is just right. This is a photograph, and congrats you're the winner this week.

Wow, judging really is hard. I'm glad that's over, plus now i can enter again. :p

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2009
Thanks for the vote and thanks for judging. It's really never easy.

I'll have the new contest up today sometime.:)

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you. Placing was genuinely unexpected in a field of all excellent images.

Simon and Jeff. Don't you guys ever get tired of producing such outstanding work???? :D:D:D Congrats.

I appreciate your thoughts. It's interesting to see how we visualize and interpret these images differently. I cut out the "T" intensionally because it carries the eye out of the frame and enhances the feel of motion. I do not necessarily disagree about the framing. I thought that cropping out part of the wheel upset the illusion of motion. Also, the rear transmission is so dominant in the image that I wasn't sure it would really matter where it was placed. I think the frame provides the asymmetrical element that carries the eye. I'm interested in what others think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.