Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
I can't believe that they haven't been done for over a year and a half now as a theme for this, so we're well overdue for a feast of extravagant, playful, cute, magnificent, bizarre and otherwise pets.

I would dearly love to see some unusual pets or pets doing the unusual in this round! Thinking hats on peoples.

As per normal...
  • The photographs must be of your own creation.
  • Explore, get creative and have fun with it.
  • You may only submit one photo per weekly contest round.
  • Please do not comment on any photos until after the judging has taken place.

• The contest runs for one week, starting NOW!
  • At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's Winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as they possibly can.
  • If the Judge is unable to complete the selection within 48 hours of the deadline for close, then a vote will be carried out to select a winner. This will be based on the number of "likes" each image has. In the event of a draw, the second place winner from the previous week will choose the tiebreaker.
  • The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).
  • Winners please update the Weekly Photo Contest Master thread

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/weekly-photo-contest-master-list-2015-tbd.1945331/

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
I was shooting in the woods behind my house. My cat followed the entire time. She was guarding me. Something rustled behind me and she immediately went on the prowl.

Skitty- prowl-B&W.jpg

Last edited:

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.

Kazaara Jax window by expo bill, on Flickr

cani disalbe votes? i just want people to see this photo and partake here without the competition.

We are all about having fun and learning. This is much more a very friendly challenge than a contest. You can certainly opt out of the judging if you want. I know I have learned a lot when I have judged because I am pushed to consider the images in ways I would not have done otherwise.

Welcome to our group. Relax. Take pictures. Most of all, have fun.

MBAir2010

macrumors 604
May 30, 2018
there
You can certainly opt out of the judging if you want..
it's not the judging aspect, i just feel like winning is not fair and just subjective, and wining is an empty feeling that is not productive.
while racing bicycles i would relax an let others catch up when in the lead, and finish after them.
when team members questioned that, i blamed these fake hemorrhoids i never had.
i don't believe every kids should get a medal for showing up, but think the playoffs belittles a lil'league season.
i don't think these cats would care about the results.

Reactions: Alexander.Of.Oz

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
it's not the judging aspect, i just feel like winning is not fair and just subjective, and wining is an empty feeling that is not productive.
while racing bicycles i would relax an let others catch up when in the lead, and finish after them.
when team members questioned that, i blamed these fake hemorrhoids i never had.
i don't believe every kids should get a medal for showing up, but think the playoffs belittles a lil'league season.
i don't think these cats would care about the results.

It's all good. We look forward to seeing your posts.

BTW: Winning only gets you two things: 1) Bragging rights, and 2) the headache of judging the following week. A lot of us aspire to get second place.

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
Alex. I'm looking at these images and feeling your pain. We are all supporting you. You will make it through the judging ordeal, and come out on the other end stronger for the effort. :eek: :rolleyes:

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
Sorry folks, I ran out of time to get to this yesterday!

So here's the pointy end of the stick, based on what I said in the initial description for this round...

I would dearly love to see some unusual pets or pets doing the unusual in this round! Thinking hats on peoples.

3rd - @cogi0490 - Perfectly timed to make the usual yawn seem really interesting. Something I do at the zoo with the big cats there, to make them look like they are being menacing.
2nd - @The Bad Guy - What a stunning model Bosley is! I particularly loved the yawn caught in motion in the second from the left one up top!
1st - @oblomow - I can't get over the fact that there's a collar on that thing! Now that's an unusual pet.

So, over to you, @oblomow for the next round!

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Sorry folks, I ran out of time to get to this yesterday!

So here's the pointy end of the stick, based on what I said in the initial description for this round...

3rd - @cogi0490 - Perfectly timed to make the usual yawn seem really interesting. Something I do at the zoo with the big cats there, to make them look like they are being menacing.
2nd - @The Bad Guy - What a stunning model Bosley is! I particularly loved the yawn caught in motion in the second from the left one up top!
1st - @oblomow - I can't get over the fact that there's a collar on that thing! Now that's an unusual pet.

So, over to you, @oblomow for the next round!

bbbbubut. thank you! I will post a new contest shortly.

Reactions: Alexander.Of.Oz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.