Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghostguts

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Rules (Copied from the first thread)

#1 You may submit only one photo per contest.

#2 The contest runs for exactly one week, from the time stamped on the first post in the thread (this will be made by the winner of the previous week's contest).

#3 Please refrain from commenting on the photos submitted in the contest. I think that a good photograph is one that can appeal to someone who may not know much about the technical aspects of photography. I think it would be best if the judge isn't swayed by someone else's opinion of the photograph.

The judge will decide his/her favorite at the end of the week, place a post listing it and a short synopsis of why he/she chose that photo. The winner is then responsible for starting a new thread containing a new contest and topic which again will run for exactly one week.

This week's theme is A New Beginning

bootedbear

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2004
Austin, TX
Inkblot with Eye

IMG_0531.800.jpg

RobLS

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2008
A new day, a new set.

Nothing special done to this, just taken with my p&s in the early morning.

2812588080_9bfae260c1_b.jpg

anubis

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2003
Wow, this is a good, tough field this week. Whoever wins is certain to deserve it!

Nadav

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2007
Here's a picture I took of my sister after we slept in the desert to watch the Persaids Meteor Shower:

2823112299_b0df0bf8c2_b.jpg

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
When does this contest end?

Hey all,

I was just wondering when this contest ends, so the next one can begin!?

Looking forward to seeing what the next theme will be!

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
Depending on where you are in the world depends when it will end.

it runs for one week from the date stamp on the thread starter.
For me that means it ended on Thursday night at 10:42pm.

RobLS

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2008
This thread should have been over the thursday we just passed up... is the starter on a trip away from his computer or something?:confused:

ghostguts

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
No, sorry guys, I died.

Or, more like college has once again consumed my life.

Anyways, apearlman is the clear winner. Besides the technicalities of the shot, his fit the conceptual basis of the contest the best, in my opinion. It is a new beginning for not only the mother and the soon-to-be-born child, but for the little girl as well, as her life changes in a rude way, with her parents being more tired, stressed and having time taken away by the new child. Yet, she has a new beginning in a newly redefined family as one of two children and as a sister.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.