Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Rules (Copied from the first thread)

#1 You may submit only one photo per contest.

#2 The contest runs for exactly one week, from the time stamped on the first post in the thread (this will be made by the winner of the previous week's contest).

#3 Please refrain from commenting on the photos submitted in the contest. I think that a good photograph is one that can appeal to someone who may not know much about the technical aspects of photography. I think it would be best if the judge isn't swayed by someone else's opinion of the photograph.

The judge will decide his/her favorite at the end of the week, place a post listing it and a short synopsis of why he/she chose that photo. The winner is then responsible for starting a new thread containing a new contest and topic which again will run for exactly one week.

This week's theme is Gravity.

i.shaun

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2008
Canada
well all I have off hand is a picture of my sink. Sounds exciting, eh?!!
It took forever to get this, my camera is slow.
waterdropplet.jpg

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
we need some more submissions this week!

I agree completely. Good stuff here so far, but we need a bigger pool! I was traveling previously, so I didn't have the opportunity to encourage submissions to the thread. I'll give it a couple more days after this bump, if that's alright with everyone else.

So c'mon, folks, let's see some GRAVITY!! :)

NintendoChick

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2008
I'll post something to make the entry pool larger.
Here it goes:

Skater_Onea_by_NintendoChick109.jpg

The timing took forever due to shutter-lag...

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Congrats to i.shaun

I really enjoyed seeing the range of subject matter here. Several of the entries play with the idea of the defiance of gravity, which is a nice take on the theme. The beautiful scenic shot by dornoforpyros is technically excellent and touches on the theme of gravity for sure, but I have to give the nod to i.shaun for his combination of thematic punch and the great effort that went into the sink shot.

The next week is yours, i.shaun: take it away!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.