Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Edge100

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 14, 2002
Where am I???
Rules (Copied from the first thread)

#1 You may submit only one photo per contest.

#2 The contest runs for exactly one week, from the time stamped on the first post in the thread (this will be made by the winner of the previous week's contest).

#3 Please refrain from commenting on the photos submitted in the contest. I think that a good photograph is one that can appeal to someone who may not know much about the technical aspects of photography. I think it would be best if the judge isn't swayed by someone else's opinion of the photograph.

The judge will decide his/her favorite at the end of the week, place a post listing it and a short synopsis of why he/she chose that photo. The winner is then responsible for starting a new thread containing a new contest and topic which again will run for exactly one week.

This week's theme is 'simplicity'.

goodmorning

macrumors member
May 15, 2008
Minneapolis
chuck

2494946625_545c3e60f0_b.jpg

Triplenickle

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2005
Blue Beauty...

Taken last week with Canon 40D + 100-400mm L + Kenko Pro TC 1.4x

Attachments

• 2537146175_0c1d03117c_b.jpg
    2537146175_0c1d03117c_b.jpg
    559.5 KB · Views: 124

Edge100

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 14, 2002
Where am I???
Once again, my apologies for the delay. More work travel has gotten in the way.

This was a very hard one; I picked a topic that was, I think, quite open to interpretation, and that was reflected in the submissions, which were uniformly excellent.

So, the winner is...Hello.there

This shot struck me as soon as I saw it; it really did beautifully capture the essence of the theme. The 'simplicity' here is not in the photo itself, but in the subject; a dog's life is truly simple.

Having said this, I want to point out that all of the shots this week were fantastic; I really think the calibre of shots we're seeing here is rising quickly. Congrats to everyone.

Hello.there, take it away

Hello.there

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
Couch
Once again, my apologies for the delay. More work travel has gotten in the way.

This was a very hard one; I picked a topic that was, I think, quite open to interpretation, and that was reflected in the submissions, which were uniformly excellent.

So, the winner is...Hello.there

This shot struck me as soon as I saw it; it really did beautifully capture the essence of the theme. The 'simplicity' here is not in the photo itself, but in the subject; a dog's life is truly simple.

Having said this, I want to point out that all of the shots this week were fantastic; I really think the calibre of shots we're seeing here is rising quickly. Congrats to everyone.

Hello.there, take it away

Many thanks Edge, there were so many beautiful photos in this thread I'm honoured you chose mine! I've started the new contest, thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.