Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emorydunn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2006
Austin Texas
Rules:

1. You may only submit one photo per contest.

2. The contest runs for exactly one week, from the first time stamp of the first post in the thread (this will be made by the winner of the previous week's contest).

3. Please refrain from commenting on the photos submitted in the contest. A good photograph is one that can appeal to someone who may not know much about the technical aspects of photography, so it would be best if the judge isn't swayed by someone else's opinion of the photograph.

4. The judge will choose his/her favorite at the end of the week, place a post listing it, and include a short synopsis of why he/she chose that photo. The winner is then responsible for choosing a new topic and starting a new contest thread, which will again run for exactly one week.

This week's theme is: Footsteps

A list of previous contests and their winners can be found here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/580184/

munkees

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2005
Pacific Northwest
Bobcat and the Deer share a walk, is the war over.

attachment.php

Attachments

• catdearside.jpg
    catdearside.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 814

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
The Wren Library at Trinity College Cambridge, stores many of Sir Isaac Newton's books and writings.

Ironically my son discovers his first footsteps will be delayed by gravity.

3931708806_03e8b9711a_b.jpg

emorydunn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2006
Austin Texas
Ok, thank you all for your entries!

I have looked over all the photos and chosen the winner. Unfortunately because of school just starting all my professors have given me lots of "fun" projects and I didn't have time to do a little critique of everyone's work.

So, without further ado I present to you this week's winner.

Third
flutegirl822: I loved the footprint. It's clean and sharp and the lighting is just perfect.

Second
JDDavis: I must say, this is a spectacular photo. It looks like it was quite a trek to that point but it was totally worth it.

First
mickbab: I felt this photo captured the theme the best. The footprints fade nicely into the background. The framing is great and the bright corner of ocean makes it seem like the footprints are walking off into a dream.

Once again, thanks for the entries. Mickbab, it's your job to start the next contest.

mickbab

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Wow thanks!

The next contest is now up, and can be found here.

The theme is "Lost".

Thanks to emorydunn and congrats to everyone else who entered.

Looking forward to this week!

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2009
Thanks for the vote on the picture. It's actually not that far of a trek. Signal Peak is right off interstate 80 in Cisco Grove, California. You can see the interstate in the pic actually. It's a fun day hike in the winter.

emorydunn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2006
Austin Texas
Thanks for the vote on the picture. It's actually not that far of a trek. Signal Peak is right off interstate 80 in Cisco Grove, California. You can see the interstate in the pic actually. It's a fun day hike in the winter.

See, now if you hadn't told me that I would have gone on thinking that it was some far away exotic place. I guess that does make it a bit easier though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.