Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mickbab

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Rules:

1. You may only submit one photo per contest.

2. The contest runs for exactly one week, from the first time stamp of the first post in the thread (this will be made by the winner of the previous week's contest).

3. Please refrain from commenting on the photos submitted in the contest. A good photograph is one that can appeal to someone who may not know much about the technical aspects of photography, so it would be best if the judge isn't swayed by someone else's opinion of the photograph.

4. The judge will choose his/her favorite at the end of the week, place a post listing it, and include a short synopsis of why he/she chose that photo. The winner is then responsible for choosing a new topic and starting a new contest thread, which will again run for exactly one week.

This week's theme is: Lost

A list of previous contests and their winners can be found here.
This thread hasn't been updated for a while so I will try and fill in the gap here for those who are interested.
Dates link to thread, names link to winning post.

~ May 28 - June 4: Theme - Narrative, Winner - apearlman
~ June 5 - June 11: Theme - Oops, Winner - mickbab
~ June 14 - June 21: Theme - Speed, Winner - Maxxamillian
~ June 22 - June 29: Theme - Temptation, Winner - jrotunda85
~ June 30 - July 7: Theme - Beaches, Winner - jrm27 (Second Place - Mr Ski 73)
~ July 8 - July 15: Theme - Dogs, Winner - Maxxamillian
~ July 16 - July 23: Theme - People Movers, Winner - davegregory
~ July 24 - July 31: Theme - Support, Winner - mickbab
~ August 1 - August 8: Theme - Flight, Winner - NStocks
~ August 10 - August 17: Theme - Water in Motion, Winner - TheReef
~ August 18 - August 25: Theme - Reflection, Winner - alvse (Second Place - deepdiver)
~ August 27 - September 3: Theme - Fire, Winner - dmmcintyre3
~ September 4 - September 11: Theme - Really Slow or Fast Shutter, Winner - emorydunn
~ September 12 - September 19: Theme - Footsteps, Winner - mickbab

PeteB

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Despair....

IMG_3488.jpg

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2009
On a river of ice

Attachments

• meltwater - Version 3.jpg
    meltwater - Version 3.jpg
    896.5 KB · Views: 183

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
Lost To The World

An Egyptian tomb from the Ptolemaic-Roman period (332 BCE - 330 CE).

attachment.php

Attachments

• tomb-b-4-900.jpg
    tomb-b-4-900.jpg
    895.9 KB · Views: 713

Apr 10, 2007
I don't know if this counts really but I think it fits in my own way, I took this after someone close to me died, it was the first picture I took after that person died (about a month of not taking pictures) and I felt lost, not knowing what to do with it, I just garbed the camera and pointed it up and noticed these water droplets on the sunroof (I was sitting in a parking lot while it was raining). The picture might not fit the theme well but it was taken when I felt lost.
3914859378_69a82f7f2f_b.jpg

mickbab

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Apologies for the late results. I seem to be good at getting these in on time :rolleyes:

Honourable mentions go to (names link to post, image links to image URL):
Patriks7 (image)
ElbertC (image)
SUPERSTEVE9219 (image)

Third Place: dcaero (image)
I like how the surroundings look like something out of a horror movie but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Second Place: SLC Flyfishing (image)
I love the dark and mysterious aura of this image, and those people definitely do appear lost.

and...

First Place: Nicolasdec! (image)
A perfect image for the theme this week and powerful image. The openness of the picture creates the perfect emotions and I love what you have done with this picture. Only thing better would be an open horizon behind him, without any land in sight. That would most definitely be lost.

Thanks to everyone who entered this week, and Nicolasdec, over to you!

PeteB

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Well done Nicolas. This week was a difficult topic to choose an entry for - you did well here.

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
Congrats Nicolasdec! And thanks for the mention :eek:
I agree with the poster above, this topic was quite hard, but I think the new one is even harder. Funny thing is that I saw the topic in the morning and was leaving my house thinking where in the world could I get a good picture relating to rain since it hasn't rained here in a long time, and within 10 minutes it was raining :p

dcaero

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2009
Wow third place. This is only the fourth or so photo I have posted. Started to lose interest in the forum and been busy lately but this keeps me motivated. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.