Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TehRoester

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2016
Hey people, I recently got the 15 inch MBP after returning my 13". I had it for two days now and while using it yesterday I noticed that the force touch trackpad SOMETIMES makes weird clicking noises. I've attached a sound file of normal clicks with three of the 'weird' clicks in between. I have no idea what possibly causes that because the trackpad does not contain any mechanical parts, does it? It does not happen very often but under normal usage it occurs once every 10 minutes or so. However, once it starts it normally lasts for a couple of clicks and not just one. The clicking sound is a lot louder than normal and the click is way more responsive (feels like the whole trackpad vibrates a bit). Has anyone experienced anything like that or has any idea how to fix this? I guess I can still return it in my local apple store tomorrow but I would rather not as my last visit was two days ago. Thanks for your help!

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
Did anything ever come of this?

My Refurb non-TB 13" pad is doing this and it really seems like something is defective when it's doing it.
Doesn't seem normal at all.

Did you return?
Repair?
Did it stop doing it?

Thx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.