Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I went shooting today and when I came back I reviewed the images on my XTi. I noticed a diagonal line in the majority of them. It is in the top right corner and I cannot make it go away. I have cleaned in and out and cannot find the source.

Any ideas?

EDIT: They appear when on the computer as well.

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Top Right
IMG_2360.jpg

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2006
Top Right

It almost looks like a hair... If u have a diffrent lense take a picture of a completly white wall with it and see if it is still there. You said u cleaned it so I'll belive ya so i wont even mention dust, another u could try a blower on the part of the lense that conects to the camera, If u cant find it u can probably clone it out

Macanadian

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2006
BC
Weird diagonal Line on Images

Aaron if you are still getting the lines after changing lenses and cleaning. Bring the camera back where you bought it and show them what is happening. Maybe you can get a refund or a new camera.

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Well. I have no good news yet. I am going to take it to the local shop and see what they have to say. Maybe they can order me a new lens because I don't think is is a dirt/dust problem. Also if i snap a shot with the lens off it produces nothing in the black white screen shot so I'm stumped on this one...

Also I have misplaced my canon warranty card :( Can they tell by the serial that it is still under warranty. And I bought the Camera is the Caribbean so it would be expensive to take it back there :p

Macanadian

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2006
BC
Well. I have no good news yet. I am going to take it to the local shop and see what they have to say. Maybe they can order me a new lens because I don't think is is a dirt/dust problem. Also if i snap a shot with the lens off it produces nothing in the black white screen shot so I'm stumped on this one...

Also I have misplaced my canon warranty card :( Can they tell by the serial that it is still under warranty. And I bought the Camera is the Caribbean so it would be expensive to take it back there :p

Aaron,

Ask the store to quickly use one of their lenses just to see if the line still shows up. If it does:

Phone Canon and ask to see if there is a service centre in Ontario somewhere. You might be able to mail it out. Of course it is still under warranty. The camera was only introduced last August 2006. Unless you badly mistreated the camera like using it as a hammer against your alarm clock. :p

Macanadian

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.