Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harrison randell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2018
I recently just bought the new 2018 MacBook Pro and when I'm watching videos I often find weird flickering on the screen but it only happens when I have automatic graphics switching turned on (I've added some photos to show you it With it on and off)
Does anyone know whats happening here?

Attachments

• automatic graphics switching on.jpg
    automatic graphics switching on.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 293
  • automatic graphics switching off.jpg
    automatic graphics switching off.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 222

andrij

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2018
I recently just bought the new 2018 MacBook Pro and when I'm watching videos I often find weird flickering on the screen but it only happens when I have automatic graphics switching turned on (I've added some photos to show you it With it on and off)
Does anyone know whats happening here?
I also had this happen to me. I'm not sure what is the true cause of this. I'm going to assume the videos you are watching aren't local videos but videos from YouTube so try using a browser besides Safari (if this is your environment). I use safari and it tends to not run plug-ins for sites that chrome, for example, will. In my case watching youtube videos in chrome doesn't have this issue.

Trillion

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2018
Israel
Same here, 2018 13" MBP and this happens with FireFox / safari so it is not browser related, I have them mostly when watching videos but it happened just browsing as well.
I don't have a dedicated GPU so not sure if it is the same cause but it is the same problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.