Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SergioSP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2018
Guys, if you have an iPad Pro (3th gen) 11” or 12,9” could you check out this issue?

When I open any video on the YouTube app the iPad makes a weird popping sound and then the audio and the video works perfect. Its annoying.

It doesnt happen on any other app.

It doesnt happen on YouTube mobile version.

It happened ONCE when I was playing a video, when it paused when activating the Control Center.

You can hear the noise right before the start of the videos here, turn your volume up:

Hope its a software issue, anyways I will probally replace this unit ‍♂️

Update: Ok, so heres the thing. I went to the Apple Store to see if I could try this bug on the demo iPad, but unfortunatelly I couldnt download YouTube there because its forbidden. Moreover, I tried to get a Genius Bar date to check if this problem happens on other devices with my own eyes but they didnt get me a date for the same day so I replaced the unit.

And yeah, the pop was still there. I guess karma played on my maniatic mind. Anyways, one employer there told me that he heard about this bug and the guy who had this problem replaced the unit and got the same problem in the new device.

Luckily Google solves the issue, these last days I didnt hear any crackling sound when I open the videos, but I didnt pay so much attentipn. Im really happy with the iPad Pro. Its amazing.

Last edited:

donster28

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2006
Great White North
Guys, if you have an iPad Pro (3th gen) 11” or 12,9” could you check out this issue?

When I open any video on the YouTube app the iPad makes a weird popping sound and then the audio and the video works perfect. Its annoying.

It does happen when Im playing audio, when I pause it activating the Control Center.

Maybe tomorrow I will upload a video so you can actually hear it.

Yep, it happens on mine too...it’s not loud enough to bother me. It doesn’t happen when playing and pausing audio though. It could very well be a software issue.

Reactions: SergioSP

SergioSP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2018
Yep, it happens on mine too...it’s not loud enough to bother me. It doesn’t happen when playing and pausing audio though. It could very well be a software issue.

I will wait a bit more before going to the Apple Store. Im really satisfied with this iPad, its amazing. But Im a bit maniac about these little details By the way, Im trying with headphones and no issue. Hope its not hardware.

About playing and pausing the audio, it was only one time, I think I was watching an ad on a game, activated the Control Center and the audio stopped with that pop sound. Not a big deal since now the audio and video keeps playing when we activate the Control Center, and even changing to other tabs on Safari!

Do you think it can simply be a YouTube bug?

donster28

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2006
Great White North
I will wait a bit more before going to the Apple Store. Im really satisfied with this iPad, its amazing. But Im a bit maniac about these little details By the way, Im trying with headphones and no issue. Hope its not hardware.

About playing and pausing the audio, it was only one time, I think I was watching an ad on a game, activated the Control Center and the audio stopped with that pop sound. Not a big deal since now the audio and video keeps playing when we activate the Control Center, and even changing to other tabs on Safari!

Do you think it can simply be a YouTube bug?
Looking like a software issue. Hardware issues tend to be consistent. In this case, you should be getting the pop every time you use an app with sound...but as it is, it only happens in YouTube.

Reactions: SergioSP

SergioSP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2018
Looking like a software issue. Hardware issues tend to be consistent. In this case, you should be getting the pop every time you use an app with sound...but as it is, it only happens in YouTube.

You are probally right my friend.

SergioSP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2018
o_O Hi guys

I noticed that when you press the 10 secs forward (or backwards) button over Netflix on any iOS device (I tried on my iPhone SE too) you will listen this kind of crackling sounds over the speakers on some scenes. I guess its something natural via online streaming content as it affects on the speakers hardware. Check it out if you want. Its the same sound.

Last edited:

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts

It happened ONCE when I was playing a video, when it paused when activating the Control Center.

You can hear the noise right after the start of the videos here, turn your volume up:

I’m wondering why the pop happens.

SergioSP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2018
Its YouTube. And Google. Who writes the buggiest crap on the internet.

I always thought they do it in purpose, just to annoy Apple. Same with its unesthetic Android UI over iOS menus...

Attachments

• 0F6CB150-14A6-4E81-9402-7E7817000508.jpeg
    0F6CB150-14A6-4E81-9402-7E7817000508.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 229

SergioSP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2018
I updated the post with my last feelings, hope it helps anyone else with this stupid maniatic mind.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.