Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JuanKr

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2015
Hi there,

I have a strange problem with my MBP 14 screen when it reproduces white backgrounds.

Please check the video:

The Macbook does not know which correct white has to show and starts to flick between the two options.

It does not happen all the time, it is random, but it happens often.
I reinstall, start in secure mode, and check the extensions,... everything and still happening, but only on the screen of the MBP (I have 2 external screens, and it does not show the weird effect). I tried the P3-500nits and the P3-1600nits option; both show the flicker.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!!

misiektoja

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2018
I can see it, but does it happen with all the videos with white background ? I have not seen anything like that on my MBP 14 Pro.

JuanKr

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2015
Sorry guys!

After 3 screen changes, I still have the same problem!
It looks like it is only over video on the MBP screen... it is bizarre!!

If I do a screenshot of the frame and I put both together (Video stopped and the screenshot) the only one who flicks is the video!!

It has to be a mainboard failure or software... because if the same video I move it to the external screens looks perfect!

AppleIsRotting

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2021
This is a wild suggestion, so don't get your hopes up, but it may worth a shot:

Go to System Preferences -> Accessibility -> Display -> Toggle off/on "Shake mouse pointer to locate"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.